Your Valentine this year could be your significant other, your kid, or even your pet. (Don't worry - judge-free zone here!) Here are some tips to make this Valentine's Day even better.
Here are 6 tips to make any smooching a more positive experience:
1. Avoid those foods that cause bad breath, like onions, garlic, and curry.
2. Drink lots of water to wash out any food particles and avoid dehydration, which would cause bad breath.
3. Use some chapstick. No one likes to kiss alligator lips!
4. If you want to use mouthwash, be careful of those that contain alcohol because it can dry out your mouth's tissue causing damage and bad breath.
5. Keep some floss with you so that you can quickly get rid of any food particles after your meal.
6. If you decide to use a mint or gum to freshen your breath, look for those that contain Xylitol. Studies have shown that this fights off bacteria and reduce the likelihood of future cavities.
And if you are looking to avoid any future cavities after eating those tasty sweets, it is best to enjoy those candies during your meal or right after and stick to candies that don't stay in your mouth long, like solid chocolate - not chewy or require a lot of time in your mouth and doesn't stick to your teeth. Dark chocolate is a good option because it contains less sugar.
Happy Valentine's Day!
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.